My name is Javier Baena Ávila and I am a Junior Digital Compositor, currently living in Barcelona.
I have a degree in Audiovisual Communication at the University of Barcelona an I have cursed The VFX School at Escola Superior de Cinema i Audiovisuals de Catalunya.
I have pasion for cinema and visuals effects, but I am also keen on animation and motion graphics.
In my free time, I love to practice sport. Nowadays, I compete in 400 metres hurdles for Cornellà Atlètic at Spanish Honor Division and I am part of the Board of Directors.
Digital Compositor and Matte Painting
DEAD HAMSTER VFX | Sept. 2022 – Present day
- Work as Nuke Digital Compositor.
ESCAC STUDIO | Mar. 2022 – Jul. 2022
- Work as Nuke Digital Compositor and Digital Matte Painter for ESCAC projects.
Audiovisual Video Editor and Postproducer
ATMAN AUDIOVISUAL | Sept. 2019 – Mar. 2020, Nov. 2020 – Oct. 2021
- Execution of full postproduction workflow including video and audio editing, grading, motion graphics procedures and finishing.
CORNELLÀ ATLÈTIC | Jan. 2017 – Dec. 2017
- Coordination of social networks and renovation of the webpage with a new graphics and interaction design.
Freelance Digital Creator
Apr. 2020 – Present day
- Shooting and postproduction of “L’esport contra la LGTBIfobia” for Ajuntament de Cornellà de Llobregat and Cornellà Atlètic.
- Design of competition kit for Cornellà Atlètic.
- Creation of motion graphics video for the app “Diabetes Control and Automation”.
The VFX School
Escola Superior de Cinema i Audiovisuals de Catalunya | Oct. 2021 – Jul. 2022
Universitat de Barcelona | Sept. 2017 – Jun. 2021
Science High School
Institut Francesc Macià | Sept. 2014 – Jun. 2016